Tuners--Broken Pins <"Tuners--Broken Pins"@niflheim.rutgers.edu> (Jan 4, 3:24pm)

Newton Hunt nhunt@rci.rutgers.edu
Sun, 05 Jan 1997 15:28:52 -0500

You have been lucky, Sy.  I have replaced about a dozen agraffes and ONE tuning
pin that sheered off at the hole.  It felt funny, turning and turning with out
a change of pitch until I was holding my hammer with no 'feel' of it.

I was lucky that I had an easy out tuning pin extractor, removed and replaced
the pin and string into becket hole, tuned up just fine.  Weak pin for
something on a restrung piano getting ready to retrun to customer.

Yeah, Sy, lucky, and you may tune another 32,000 pianos before another happens.

Happy New Year,

	Newton
	nhunt@rci.rutgers.edu