Yamaha Damper Felt

Ronald R Shiflet ron_and_lorene@juno.com
Sun, 05 Jan 1997 00:00:45 -0800 (PST)

List,
	I'm in the middle of putting the Yamaha dampers on the Steinway
L.  I went ahead and decided to glue the red backing to the white felts.
 Everything went great.  I was able to get that done and also gluing the
singles onto the damper heads.
	The next day, I went to continue the project.  All of my wedges,
split wedges and flat felts had buckled all over the place.  What did I
do wrong?  If I continue, will cutting them from a strip into individual
pieces solve the problem or do I need to remove them and start all over?

Ron Shiflet