RAIL PIN REMOVAL/REPLACEMENT

Pianotoone@aol.com Pianotoone@aol.com
Fri, 03 Jan 1997 19:49:10 -0500

Allan-thanks for you input.  I was going to try to do the job in the
customers home, but since i have to rebush the keys guess I will pull keys
and keyframe back to the shop.  I am going to try driving those pins in with
a soft brass headed hammer, or perhaps nylon or wood.  I think I will cut a
hardowood dowel to the correct outside length of the driven pin.  If I hold
that next to the pin as I'm driving that should prevent the hammer from
driving the pin in too far.  I also am going to try the drill press...but my
drill press isn't all that strong.  Again thanks for taking the time to
respond.

Dick
Marshall MI