mac with RCT

Eliot Lee elee@amug.org
Thu, 02 Jan 1997 23:46:40 -0700 (MST)

Dear List,

        I have been using Beta VCR in Manila for years, all rentals are
available both in Beta and VHS.  Granted if we buy another VCR it will be
VHS.

        This has nothing to do with computers.

        Mac Powerbook is over 100 megahertz fast as the fastest Pentium
processors and the price is comparable.  I paid $1100 for my 5300 greyscale
which is really cheap as far as that goes.   The program is only $700 so
for just $600 more than a SAT, I can have a database, word processor,
Pagemaker to make designs & newsletters, Eudora to receive email.  Plus the
new Open Doc technology which will take some of the power out of the hands
of Bill Gates.  The next investment will to buy a sequencing program.

        The future is certainly bright for Apple, I was so convinced that I
bought stock also, which was  a good investment.

        With BE technology or the new OS 8 which is expected soon, it will
set the trend.  Windows was created out of the efficiency of Mac OS, and
even that has improved with the powermac OS 7.5.

        Mac OS is certainly not outdated and preferred for multimedia and
printing technology.

        Dean's RCT doesn't require a soundblaster or a microphone, which
also cuts down the cost, if these are added up, it doesn't make sense not
to use Mac.

        The support of Mac and Cybertuner is also a dream come true,
whenever I have a question it can be answered within a day or two, by
anyone of the RCT users.  I also have the advantage of being in the same
city as Jim Coleman Sr. who is an avid RCT user.

        I can think of no better investment that I have made and you will
never regret using the RCT, it is the tuning device to set the standard.
The Powerbook is already a moviestar, i.e. Mission Impossible, Independence
Day, etc.

        For only a few hundred dollars more than a SAT why wouldn't more
techs buy a Mac with RCT?  At least I have an excuse to tell my wife, I
have always wanted a powerbook anyway.

There is no need to get into flame wars about this anyway.

G. Eliot Lee                  Web Page: http://www.amug.org/~elee
4131 E. Pinchot Ave.
Phoenix, AZ 85018
elee@amug.org
(602) 957-1711

"The force that guides the stars guides you too."