Needing help with Billings Flanges

PNOTNR@aol.com PNOTNR@aol.com
Thu, 02 Jan 1997 23:02:03 -0500

>Also, make sure you have the right kind of clips (if you ordered new
>ones). There are two kinds of clips, one with a threaded hole and one
>not threaded.  You need to make sure you have the right ones.
>(They should be exactly like the old ones.)  You probably know all
>this, but ...
>
>I'm assuming you checked the brass rail to make sure there are no
>little cracks in the parts that match the clips.
>
>Good luck!
>
>Barb Barasa
>Ashland OR (the underwater capital of the world)

Thanks for the response, Barb.  I think I may have confused things when I
mentioned 'clips'.  I think you thought I was talking about brass rail butts,
but I meant Billings flanges.  The kind with the .....(how do I describe the
clip?...)  The clip is shaped like two upside down letter Y's with the bottom
of the two letters joined to form a channel through which passes the
centerpin.  (The actual butt looks the same as a brass rail butt, but <or
should I say, however> it is this metal clip that is giving me fits)

I'm wondering whether there is something I can do, or maybe I just received a
junky set of these things.

Gordon Large
Maine