RAIL PIN REMOVAL/REPLACEMENT

Gilreath@aol.com Gilreath@aol.com
Wed, 01 Jan 1997 23:26:38 -0500

<<  I extended the jaws of
 the chuck fully and used that surface to press down on the top of the pin.
 It didn't seem to mar the top of the pin at all, at least not on my drill
 press. Your actual mileage may vary, of course. Set the depth stop to where
 you want it. Make sure the sides of the pin are oriented properly, and then
 put it in the hole and press down with the quill. >>

One thought, even though I've used the dowel w/ a stopped hole drilled in the
past, a piece of 1/4" aluminum or brass rod w/ a dimple drilled in the end
and chucked in the drill press might align easier and avoid any damage to the
top of the pin since the material is sfter than the pin.

Allan

Allan L. Gilreath, RPT
Gilreath Piano & Organ Co.
Berry College