archive use/agraffe extraction <"archive use/agraffe extraction"@amenti.rutgers.edu> (Dec 31, 8:03pm)

Newton Hunt nhunt@rci.rutgers.edu
Tue, 31 Dec 1996 21:32:47 -0500

Agraffes are easy to remove if you take your MotoTool and a small bit, 1/16 or
5/64 and drill a hole along the side of the stub, and another one straight
across from the other and use a modified screwdriver to turn out the stob.

The drill will follow the soft brass and not harm the cast iron.  If the stub
does not come out easily drop a drop of two of Liquid Wrench on top of the stob
and wait a few minutes (put away the tools used so far).  The stob should turn
out easily.

The only time I had trouble was when I did not use this simple method.

	Newton
	nhunt@rci.rutgers.edu