archive use/agraffe extraction

Lance Lafargue lafargue@iAmerica.net
Tue, 31 Dec 1996 20:03:04 -0800

Sorry if this subject has been covered recently..
1.) I tried to check the archives to find something on aggraffe
extraction, but could not understand how to get into a usable index..
When I chose index, I got something like "piano/listserv/etc, etc." I
tried clicking, highlighting etc., but figured I was lost or it was not
working properly..
How do you access the listserv archival index??

2.) What's the latest on broken aggraffe extraction??  I have used easy-
outs but wondered if there was an easier/safer way. (I have this thing
about not wanting to work any harder than I have to.) I was going to
order the modified screwdrivers that you tap onto the top of the broken
brass, then just unscrew, but my Pianotek catalog say's that they're
discontinued.  I heard a while back that this was the best way now and
was surprised to see them discontinued.
Was there a problem with their use?
Can I make my own by just modifying a good hard screwdriver?
Is it easier than easy-outs?
Does anyone still offer the screwdriver types?
Have I asked enough questions?

I've really benefited from the listserv.  Thanks for your help!!
A Happy and $$Prosperous$$ New Year to you all!!    %-)>

Lance Lafargue,RPT