non-American participants

Barrie Heaton Piano@forte.airtime.co.uk
Wed, 30 Oct 1996 20:26:42 +0000

There are a few oddities about Lindners The tuning pins are reversed
thread so when you turn them anti-clockwise there are actually turning
in to the piano and not out.

The removal of flanges there is a tool somewhere on the market so I
have been told, but I['vet never co9me across it.  I use a long pair of
surgical tweezers, be warned, Lindner used graphite impregnated nylon,
which has found to be a desirous move on their part as after a period of
time the nylon becomes brittle and you will find that the flanges
instead of snapping in to place snap in half.  Super glue will have
limited success but you are better with a highly viscoarse epoxy resin.

The plastic keys these are centred on a key spring which has two pieces
of plastic on each end.  One end is similar to that of a hammer and
bottom sections flanges and the other piece is a male connector to pop
in to a female receptacle on the key.  These springs do tend and suffer
from metal fatigue, the way to repair them,. is find a packing case
which has been bound with steel packing tape, this has the right amount
of flexibility and is approximately the same thickness but not the same
width as the original.  With a little of modification they can be
repaired.

The action is held in by two spring clips on top of each of the action
posts.  As you pointed out key levelling and depth of touch is adjusted
by screws underneath the key bed.

I have apprixiatley five of these pianos on my round one I have had to
tell the customer to scrap it as there is too many key springs to
replace.

The piano was made in Ireland but it was designed in Holland and they
had the pianos made in Ireland, that's a bit of a sting joke in the U.K.
as the ?Dutch did notr want to mess up there own backyard so they got
the Irish to make them.  Some very clever ides especially the scrows to
do depth of touch but unfortunately they went overboard with the
plastic.  I wonder if in twenty years we will be cursing pianos with
ABS parts in them.

Hope this is of some help to you.

Good luck cause ya gona need it.

Barrie.

In article <199610300346.WAA20021@mail-e2b.gnn.com>, "William W. Maxim"
<wmaxim@gnn.com> writes

--

Barrie Heaton                                  |  Be Environmentally Friendly
The UK PIano Page                              |