Europiano and Holland

oorebeek oorebeek@euronet.nl
Tue, 29 Oct 1996 10:51:38 +0200

Hello BILL!
Here my reply, I'll try to answer your questions,

>Andre -
>
>I've been interested in your contributions, since I did some piano
>tuning in Europe (Germany) in the 1950's while I was stationed
>there with the U.S. military; and also later while living in
>Germany teaching music in the 1960's.  There seemed to be a dearth

What  is a dearth? too many? probably....

>of piano technicians in the area, and I was being welcomed with
>open arms by a number of musicians in Heidelberg when we made the
>decision to return to this country.  If all other things had been
>favorable, we would love to have stayed.

On the other hand, South Carolina must be a beautiful place and that =
space! man...all that space!!

>What presence does Europiano have in the Netherlands?  Or is it
>only in Germany?  The president of Europiano was at the Piano
>Technicians Guild Convention in Albuquerque in 1995.

Maybe you have followed remarks on "the List" about the starting up =
of a guild in the Netherlands (here it is called "vereniging", which =
litterally translates as "union" but that could have the wrong =
meaning  in the USA!) which name now is: VvPN meaning: Vereniging =
voor Pianotechnici Nederland..(get it?)
My role in this new Vereniging is minor (I simply do not have all =
that time).
I was asked to give advise and my advise was, amongst others, to set =
things up conform the rules of the PTG.
In getting more closely aquainted with the founders of the VvPN I =
learned of the existence of Europiano in Germany, and, that Europiano =
closely follows and watches the developments in Holland.
Furthermore, at the moment of announcing the start of the VvPN to all =
pianotechnicians in Holland
there was a letter from Europiano with congratulations, and as far as =
I know, we, the VvPN and Europiano will share news in the same news =
bulletin.
The VvPN is now working on many fronts to fully establish its self =
and I am sure that pretty soon  there will be a Home page. Of course =
all technicians Globally will be informed.

>Glad to hear you got the address of your friend in Australia.  I
>posted your request on a player-piano mailing list with some
>correspondents in Australia, but have no idea if the information
>came from that venue.

Thanks for your effort, in the end I received a message from Peter =
Braun in Greenwich-Sydney
telling me that he knew Geoffrey Pollard and would contact him.
The next day he emailed again, saying: I talked to him, he remembers =
you from Japan and is embarrased for not writing sooner, letter is =
coming!
Fun aye!

a good day to all of you, make a lot of bucks and spend them!

friendly greetings from:

Andr=E9 Oorebeek
CONCERT PIANO SERVICE
Amsterdam, the Netherlands