Books

Dean L. Reyburn, RPT dean@reyburn.com
Wed, 23 Oct 1996 21:39:34 -0400

Thomas A. Sheehan writes;
>"On Pitch" is published by the Piano Technicians' Guild, and is
>available from the home office. Member price is $20.
>
>I've learned that the book is based on a series of articles that Rick
>Baldassin wrote for the Journal in the late 80s (?). It details the
>equivalence of aural tuning and electronic tuning tests for octave
>tuning. It is comprehensive and creative in its organization and
>simplicity. In no way simple minded, the book is a guide to optimizing
>the tuning of a given piano once a good temperament has been set.

"On Pitch" from the PTG is a must read for anyone using an visual tuning
device on any kind.  If you are an aural-only tuner this book is kind of
a rosetta stone to understanding visual/electronic tuning.  Rick
Baldassin's approach is excellent.  The articles were in the Piano
Technicians Journal about 1982-1983 if you have them that far back.
The book includes a few things that the articles dont though.

-Dean

 Dean L. Reyburn, RPT
 Cedar Springs, Michigan, USA             web page:   www.reyburn.com
 1-888-SOFT-440 (616-696-0500)               email:  dean@reyburn.com