Conservative Octaves & Tuning Exam

jpiesik@arinc.com jpiesik@arinc.com
Tue, 22 Oct 1996 11:56:06 -0400

Dean Reyburn writes:

"I have yet to see a tuner fail the test because he or she over-stretched
or under-stretched the piano...in the past 6 years of working with the
test."

Thanks for your tips and encouragement, Dean!  I have only the tuning exam left
in order to earn my RPT status.  Actually, the way I look at it, 23 notes tuned
aurally (C3-B4) stand in my way!  I am currently practicing for the aural tuning
exam, and I must admit that my tunings continually improve as I practice for the
exam, AND a whole new dimension of tuning has opened up for me making it all
that more interesting (I use the SAT to tune using many tests as I tune, but I
seldom set temperaments aurally in the "day-to-day").

Taking the RPT exams has been a great experience with some great
people/technicians, and I would encourage ALL associates to TAKE THE EXAMS!!!
(You will be so glad you did.)

John Piesik
Piesik's Piano Service
Smoldering in Carlsbad, CA