HUGE pitch raise

Jon Page jpage@capecod.net
Mon, 21 Oct 1996 13:49:59 -0400 (EDT)

I would add : make sure the pinblock is secure to the back. If the lid can
be removed (sometimes  screws are under rubber buttons). Check all
plate screws, back, spacer blocks. If you're real amibitious, put it on a
piano tilter and check the bottom. Many times the back has loosened from the
sound board.
If that is the case, then replace plate screws with carraige bolts. Old uprights
are usually more work than people want to get into.
Besides the dampers are probably hard as bricks, forewarn them of what they
will have after it's been tuned.  "I spent all that money , and it still
needs more ? !".
They just may want to count it as a loss and move on.
Jon Page
Cape Cod. Mass