Bench repair hardware

AKarab@aol.com AKarab@aol.com
Thu, 17 Oct 1996 14:43:56 -0400

Hello Pianotech techs --

Today when I called Kimball to restock my supply of amazing piano bench
corner braces and bolts, nuts, caps, etc, I found out that they no longer
sell them (or any parts at all) and had the patent on their particular design
so nobody else is selling them either, according to George.  Isaac Sadigursky
tipped our chapter off to this hardware find a few years ago, and indeed I
have not seen other corner braces as well designed.  Tongues that sit deep in
the side pieces, 3 screws around each tungue, plus the diagonal bolt into the
leg block.

So what's a tech to do?  What are you all out there using these days and
where did you get them?  Do tell --

Audrey Karabinus,   Seattle