test material

Keith A. McGavern kam544@ionet.net
Sat, 12 Oct 1996 23:12:10 -0500 (CDT)

>Dear colleagues,
>As I stated before, we, the dutch piano technicians are setting up a new
>union or guild.
>I am amongst a few colleagues who is involved in organizing things.
>I insisted on doing things the way they are done in the US and I was asked
>to write a letter in which I will have to defend my proposal for a test.
>Either we have to develop our own test, or one of you could be of great
>help by sending me eaxamples of how you guys take a test at the PTG.
>The article has to be finished soon and I would really appreciate a
>helping hand ot two.
>If I, on the other hand, could be of help to anyone of you for any decent
>reason, please tell me and I'll try what I can.
>most friendly greetings from,
>
>Andr=E9 Oorebeek
>Hartenstraat 6'' - 1016 CB Amsterdam
>the Netherlands
>Tel/Fax: 020-6237357
>email: oorebeek@euronet.nl

Dear Andr=E9,

You are going to have to contact the Piano Technicians Guild (PTG) on this
matter.  To the best of my understanding, only Registered Piano Technician
(RPT) and the PTG Home Office have access to these exams.  RPTs' are the
only ones who have any authority to give these examinations/tests, and that
only to Associate Members of the PTG who are requesting to be tested for
upgrade to Registered Piano Technician.

=46or your type of request, approval would have to come from PTG Council, an=
before that could occur, a proposal would have to be submitted for
consideration to some current committee.  Very definitely, you need to take
this request to   75032.3711@compuserve.com (Home Office), % Larry
Goldsmith, Executive Director.

Keith A. McGavern
Registered Piano Technician