Lester Spinets/Keyboards

SprBil@aol.com SprBil@aol.com
Wed, 09 Oct 1996 13:56:46 -0400

> This is really an ongoing conversation with music teachers in this area and
>  some equally excellent teachers have very diverging views on the subject.
>    A Lester spinet in this area sells for from 700 to 900 dollars privately
>  and from 1200-1400 at a dealer.
>    In no way would I ever suggest that any student start with a Casio, or
any
>  other keyboard without 'piano touch'. Used Keyboards, with 'piano touch',
in
>  this area can be purchased in the 900-1500 price range.
Aloha Jim,

Amazing how a different location can affect prices!  I'd love to hear more
about the conversation with piano teachers.  As you might have guessed we
have a similar debate going on here.  Maybe we could get the teachers to talk
"cross-country"?

One of the more prominent teachers here also owns a Piano store.  It has been
interesting to see the shift from, "only buy a real piano" to  advertising a,
"lessons with piano (digital keyboard pictured)", special for $$$ a month !

Thanks for keeping this thread going.

Bill Springer, RPT
Honolulu