capo section of Steinway D

S. Brady sbrady@u.washington.edu
Tue, 08 Oct 1996 16:43:45 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, 7 Oct 1996, Jerry Anderson wrote:

> Has anyone out there had any experience with the tool
> Bill Spurlock sells as the "Diamond Capo Bar File"?
> It sounds ideal for situations when the piano can't
> get  put in the shop, or when the plate can't come out.
> It's a lot more expensive than sandpaper.
> I haven't run into anyone yet who's tried it.

	Jerry,
	I have one of the files Bill sells. It works great, much faster
than anything else I've tried, and yes it even works well when the plate
is still in the piano. The radius may or may not be to your liking (I
think Bill said it was a 1/16" radius), but you can fudge it to get a
slightly narrower tip on the V bar.

Steve Brady, RPT
University of Washington
Seattle, WA