Subj: Yamaha Repinning Question

Rob Kiddell atonal@planet.eon.net
Sun, 06 Oct 1996 21:42:30 +0000

Ed,

	Regarding the "cross-hatched" pins, I was referring to the standard
pins I get from North American supply houses, which have a fine
thread and are, in cases, threaded in both directions, in effect, a
'cross-hatched' design, although I admit that I've only seen a couple
of boxes of these, and they were a specific brand. The basic
question is that I repin using reaming/pounding technique, rather
than threading into the pinblock. Is this approach workable on
Yamahas, or should I opt for the heavy-threaded pins and turn them
into the block?

Regards,
Rob Kiddell
R.P.T., P.T.G.