Cross-country piano move

Sy Zabrocki only4zab@imt.net
Fri, 04 Oct 1996 23:18:20 -0600

1.If a piano is simply moved across town; I like to give it 3 to 5 days =
'settle' after the stresses of the move. 7 to 10 for shifting from a
clapboard cottage to a fully insulated 'new house' . Not too long, =
really.=20

I have moved hundreds of new and used pianos over the years. I just have =
not found that moving causes the piano to go out of tune. The exception =
would be occasionally when the new location is not level. Then the bass =
might go out-of-tune with the mid and treble section. Even that has =
happened only a few times. "Settling after the stress of the move"--I =
respectfully have problem with that theory.