Why Kimball died?

Glenn Grafton gleng@fast.net
Fri, 04 Oct 1996 09:46 -0400 (EDT)

Don Rose wrote:

>About 1989 I read a trade article which compared home computer owners to
>piano owners in North America. At that time the ownership of each was equal!
>But it was 10% of HOMES! Perhaps this is one of the reasons Kimball went
>under.
snip

Actually Kimball did not "go under." They are a Fortune 500 Company and are
still very much in business. They made a business decision to stop
manufacturing Kimball pianos. They still make piano actions, Piano cases
for other makers and still own Bosendorfer.

There warranty service department is still alive and well.

Just thought I'd clarify this.

Glenn Grafton
Grafton Piano & Organ Co.