Substitute Tuners

McNeilTom@aol.com McNeilTom@aol.com
Wed, 02 Oct 1996 22:48:26 -0400

Most of us think of ourselves as irreplaceable - and to a large extent that's
true.  Nobody knows that piano like you do; nobody else knows the space, the
personalities, etc.  And it might even be that nobody else in your area is as
good a tuner.  But someone else might be able to get the job done in
acceptable fashion.

If Pavarotti gets sick, he can't sing. Period. An understudy does the
performance, and everyone (except the understudy?) wishes it didn't have to
be so.  But the show goes on.

We are human after all.  As much as we'd like to, we can't be all things to
all pianos all the time.

What if you're the very best piano tuner in the whole wide world?  Then no
substitute can possibly do as good a job as you do!  But you'll still need a
substitute once in a while anyway.  And during your absence, your client will
find out the difference between you and the other tuner, so your prestige
rises!

Best of luck!