THE BECHSTEIN IN ICELAND

Arnold Duin aduin@euronet.nl
Sun, 17 Nov 1996 12:47:28 +0000

Hi Andr=E9
welcome back!
At the last Frankfurter fair I stopped at the Bechstein boot and =
played a concert grand.A couple of notes in the treble (at the studs) =
had the correct volume and tone coulor but no sustain:after the first =
attack the tone was completely dead. I was very suprised that =
Bechstein put that paticular instrument on display. In this case it =
had nothing to do with voicing but more with the construction of =
bridge /soundboard at that spot.
The other day I talked to a technician who had the same problem with =
a  one year old grand
He was asked to do something about it. We agreeded that he shouldn,t =
burn his fingers on it
( the grand was sold by a not so popular dealer) and let the dealer =
and  Bechstein deal with the problem.

Greeting Arnold