knuckles

Avery Todd ATodd@UH.EDU
Thu, 07 Nov 1996 16:22:52 -0600

David and List,

   No flames intended at all, but here's a prefect example of why it's a
good idea to include at least a "little" (not necessarily all) of the
message you're responding to. I happened to receive this reply before I
have received the original post. So, I have an idea what it is, but I'm not
sure what problem is being referred to. Messages are not always received in
the same order they're posted. I guess some just float around in cyberspace
for a while, or something. :-)

Avery

>I have successfully "voiced" this problem out by inserting a voicing tool
>from the side of the knuckle.  Be careful not to push on the knuckle
>without supporting it from the other side or the teflon click will be worse
>than any noise the knuckle might make.  I would not drill it out, I think what
>would happen is that the knuckle would deform with play.

Avery Todd, RPT
Moores School of Music
University of Houston
Houston, TX 77204-4893