MUTES & MUSIC

Travis Gordy tgordy@fullnet.net
Wed, 06 Nov 1996 23:41:14 -0600

Dear Andre and list:

I don't believe that any on the list would disagree that much of the
highly technical talk has little or no application to making a good
piano sound good, or a poor piano sound acceptable for its intended
purpose, but I think that is beside the point.  I think it's wonderful
there are some of the guys that have the questions and others that
really do have some answers, or are willing to explore for
answers--brain strom.  I am interested in it all, but goodness knows, I
could not use any of it today as I pitch raised and tuned two new
spinets (aurally) trying to decide what noise to listen to to make them
sound as good as possible. When I finished they didn't sound all that
bad. Amazing.
People wanting to know things that seem to be of no use sometimes leads
to finding  useful information, and there is no way we can know that in
advance so we have to be tolerant of what seems inane.  Besides, I
really like the answer of the mountain climber when asked why he
wanted to clime that mountain------because it's there.  All the
questions are asked because they are there.  I would not want it any
other way. I am not angry with you, Andre.  Just giving my preference.

BTW, how about music that incites riots?

The best to you,

Travis Gordy