Tuning exam unisons, was: Odd partial

EugeniaCar@aol.com EugeniaCar@aol.com
Sun, 03 Nov 1996 21:04:56 -0500

List,
Tho not a CTE myself (don't wanna be, don't plan to be) I have participated
in many, many tuning exams. Will one of you CTEs please give me an
explanation as to the following. This has happened several times during exams
I've participated in:

On the unisions part of the exam, we examiners first listen. If each and
every note sounds clean and clear why is it necessary to go back and double
check at least 3 of them with the Accutuner? The last time this happened I
asked the CTE why and he said it was a requirement of the exam.

Gina Carter