Did you?

Don Rose drose@saskmaple.net
Fri, 15 Mar 1996 22:26:47 -0800

Hi David,

>Dear Don,
>
>What is the compensation formula? (for humidity levels)

When outside air comes into a building for example in Winter time, the temperature of the air
is raised. This causes the Relative Humidity to drop dramatically. The formula which should be
available from your local weather office will allow you to use the
ir long term records of high and low humidity levels to calculate the true indoor value,
assuming you know the indoor temperature. I wrote a paper on this in 1979 and havn't used the
formula since.

For Steinway humidity recommendations, I suggest you contact them. I believe they become
uncomfortable about anything lower than 38%.

Regards Don Rose drose@saskmaple.net