Condemed

delgit@afm.org delgit@afm.org
Wed, 13 Mar 1996 23:24:26 -0500 (EST)

Mark Story,

I appreciate your statements and I too feel just as comfortable tuning
aurally as with my SAT II but I can do better, more consistent work with
the SAT in the same amount of time.

I also feel RPT status must be reserved for those who can demonstrate
acceptable aural skills.  Unfortunately, many "senior" technicians
unjustly equate your and my use of an electronic device as a substitute
for quality.

Most technicians use power tools in their shops to increase quality,
reduce time on job, and improve consistency.  Those power tools only
work as well as the user - ditto for ETD's.  They are only tools and the
quality of work is in the hands of the user.

Thank you for your comments.

Del Gittinger, RPT
72056.2032@compuserve.com
Marion, OH