Piano use policy for outside groups (fwd)

Vanderhoofven dkvander@clandjop.com
Sat, 09 Mar 1996 16:36:36 -0600

At 07:04 PM 3/8/96 -0700, you wrote:

>    A constantly used piano will need at least $100 worth of regulating per
>year, even if you wait three years, somebody is going to have to spend the
>$300 for a regulation, and that does not address repairs, hammer filing,
>voicing, etc.

Pardon me, but would you mind translating this into hours of labor (perhaps
using Newton Hunt's guide) that it takes to do the regulation work?  Your
time is probably worth more than mine (just guessing) and what you charge
$100.00 for is probably not the same amount of time for which I would charge
$100.00.

>I wish this thread would stay public on the list here,  I, for one,  will
>always be interested in how piano use is expensed.
>
>Regards
>Ed Foote

I would like to see this discussion remain on the list also!

Sincerely,

David A. Vanderhoofven
dkvander@clandjop.com
Joplin, Missouri, USA
Associate Member, Piano Technicians Guild
web page:  http://www.clandjop.com/~dkvander/