strange nuts?

Newton Hunt nhunt@rci.rutgers.edu
Fri, 08 Mar 1996 13:31:57 -0500

I apologize Audrey, I keep confusing your name with a name Aubry, sorry.

I do nut recommend the use of an ez-out for agraffees, too easy to mess up
because of the diameter of the stub and the lange size of the ez-out.

I use a Moto Tool and a fine drill bit, 1/16 or smaller, (not much bigger) and
drill two holes into the stub on oposite sides.  I cut a V notch in a medium
screwdriver of a size to span the stub and fit snugly into the two drilled
holes.  Put a drop or two of Liquid Wrench on the stub and wait a minute or so
then turn out the stub.

Advantages:
      Drill bit will follow the path of least resistance, the brass and leave
the cast iron undamaged.
      Little holes are easy to drill.
      Fewer heavy tools to carry.
      It really works easily.
      It is really fast.
      Liquid Wrench penetrates quickly and easily, acting as a lubricant and
as a cleaner but primarily to break the metal to metal bond created over many
years.

Disadvantages:
      The smell of Liquid Wrench.
      If it is string #1 or #2 it may be difficult to get even a Moto Tool in
position to drill.

      Newton
      nhunt@rci.rutgers.edu