Rate and Charges

TUNERJIM@aol.com TUNERJIM@aol.com
Sun, 30 Jun 1996 14:12:02 -0400

Good question.  My rates for a tuning take into consideration that I drive
about
30 minutes and spend about  90 minutes mucking about on the piano and
admiring the pictures of the ladiy's kids, and giving her gratuitous lecures
on piano
care.  So there goes two hours out of my day. If you are a three piano/day
tuner
and and you are going to devote all day to this particular project, then by
all
means charge the dealer triple.  If you are a four piano a day tuner, then
charge
him four times!  Your duty is to make a day's pay, nor only to support
yourself
and your family, but to support our local, state, and federal governments
which
need your money if they are to continue to perform the exemplary tasks which
have
so endeared themselves to our hearts. Oh, Oh, starting to get political.
 That's what
I get for watching the Sunday talk shows.  Coming down with Sam
Donaldson-itis.

Hey, everybody:  Have a great fourth of July Holiday and don't eat too many
rot dogs!

Tunerjim (now happily) @juno.com