Rate and Charges

Larry Fisher larryf@pacifier.com
Sat, 29 Jun 1996 16:41:37 -0800

I'm curious to know what sort of rates are being charged dealers for service
outside the normal service area.  I'll be traveling 3 hours one way, and
doing about 2 hrs of service, then the return trip.  So basically all day,
no breaks, and no guarantees.  Any suggestions??

I was thinking of charging two standard tuning fees to get there

        A. because it's out of my active service territory and I had nothing
to do with the sale
        B. because it takes about an hour and a half to do one tuning
including travel time.

then I was thinking of charging the dealer the usual discount rate I charge
all dealers, and because most dealer calls take about an hour, not including
driving time, I would charge this amount twice for two hours.

Then the same two basic tuning fees to get back home.

How's my logic line up with the rest of you out there in the real world??

Thanks fellas.

Lar
                           Larry Fisher RPT, Metro Portland, Oregon's
                  Factory Preferred Installer for MSR/PianoDisc Products
                       phone 360-256-2999 or email larryf@pacifier.com
                  http://pacifier.com/~larryf/homepage.html (revised 5/96)
                         Beau Dahnker pianos work best under water