Sound Projection and double lids

Avery Todd ATodd@UH.EDU
Thu, 27 Jun 1996 10:45:55 -0500

John,
   Since I "sort of" started the discussion about "carpeted acoustics/sound
projection, I've been following it with great interest. However, I don't
remember seeing anything about the system at Centennial Auditorium. Is it
possible to elaborate a little more about it? It sounds interesting. It
sounds like it's essentially a Wenger type of system done a different way
with a great flair.
   I'm not familiar with "chroma-key blue". Is it a shade similar to the
the normal sky-blue backdrops that are sometimes used on stage?
   Thanks for anything more you can tell me about it.

>The position of the piano on the stage itself makes a big difference. There has
>been some discussion of various reflective surfaces here already such as the
>portable band shells made by Wenger or the beautiful system they use at the
>Centennial Auditorium in Saskatoon Saskatchewan, consisting of
>proscenium-high wooden backdrops on casters with curved wooden "tormentors"
>flown from the grid and all painted "chroma-key blue" for a spectacular
>visual and auditory effect.

>                        John
>
>John Musselwhite, RPT
>Calgary, Alberta Canada