Hammer recommendations

David ilvedson ilvey@a.crl.com
Tue, 18 Jun 1996 17:06:02 +0000

> Date:          Tue, 18 Jun 1996 12:05:07 -0600 (MDT)
> From:          ATodd@UH.EDU (Avery Todd)
> Subject:       Hammer recommendations
> To:            Multiple recipients of list <pianotech@byu.edu>

> List,
>    Here is a summation of the recommendations for new hammers I received
> for a Marshall & Wendell grand in a "hard" room (no carpet, etc.). I just
> thought the results were interesting:
>
> Isaac - 4
> Abel (economy) 2
> Renner Blue - 1
> Ronson - 2 (& a third one if I wanted to voice them up)
> Imadegawa - 1
> Ronson, Shaff or Steinway - 1
>
>    I have never used Isaac before so, I think I will go ahead and try them
> on the strength of these recommendations. I've used all the others at one
> time or another (except Ronson) so I am at least familiar with them.
>    Thanks for all of the input.
>
> _____________________________________
> Avery Todd, RPT
> Moores School of Music
> University of Houston
> Houston, TX 77204-4893
> 713-743-3226
> atodd@uh.edu
> _____________________________________

Avery,

I really like the Isaac's hammers.   Ari will listen to your
concerns before he makes them.  Consider asking him to forgo the
staples (I'm taking for granted that they are unneccesary and the
glue is sufficient) and trim the lower shoulder felt which tends
to be add extra weight.  I used the cherry molding last time and
liked it.

David ilvedson, RPT
It is a little lighter.
in my former net life i was pnotuner@gnn.com