bass to treble break problem

Ted Simmons ted@palmnet.net
Fri, 14 Jun 1996 18:43:35 -0400

I'm fairly new on this listserver and maybe this has been covered before.
I was wondering if anyone has come up with a solution to correct the
situation where the first treble string above the bass-to-treble break in
an upright kind of thunks. It doesn't ring out as clearly as the others
around it.  Without raising the cover of an upright, I can tell where the
bass-to-treble break is just by playing the notes.  The "thunk" gives it
away.  I've called manufacturers and they said that nothing can be done.
Has anyone attacked this problem and come up with a solution?

   Ted Simmons
   ted@palmnet.net