SOJIN BASS STRINGS

scott.e.johnson@24stex.com scott.e.johnson@24stex.com
Mon, 10 Jun 1996 13:54:04 -0800

 Tk> From: Tknostf@aol.com
 Tk> Subject: Sojin bass strings

 Tk> A 5 year old Sojin RS21 in a church is starting to break bass strings
 Tk> throughout the scale. Even replacement strings break a short time
 Tk> after installation. Does anyone have a revised bass string scale for
 Tk> this piano?
 Tk> Thanks,
 Tk> Richard Anderson, RPT
 Tk> Tknostf@aol.com

 Richard,
 I referred a church to my colleague Tremain Parsons last week. They were
 having the same problem but just in the bichord bass strings. It's a 5 year
 old Sherman Clay Korean grand, a Sojin I believe. He ran the numbers on the
 broken strings with his PSCALE program and they didn't break any rules
 regarding % of breaking point. I gave him a piece of abrasive chord to dress
 the holes in the aggraffe in case a sharp spot in there is causing the string
 to break. I suggested turning the let off down to reduce power transfer to
 the string. It could be some bad wire.
 Tremaines e-mail address is 71347.3426@compuserve.com if you want to exchange
 notes with him.

Scott Johnson