Which Hammers?

David ilvedson ilvey@a.crl.com
Sat, 08 Jun 1996 12:28:24 +0000

Date:          Fri, 07 Jun 1996 15:38:04 -0600 (MDT)
From:          ATodd@UH.EDU (Avery Todd)
Subject:       Which Hammers?
To:            Multiple recipients of list <pianotech@byu.edu>

List,
   I'm preparing an estimate to replace the hammers (among several other
things) on a 5'2" Marshall & Wendell grand, serial #109800. The piano is in
a fairly large, uncarpeted room of a townhouse that also has no drapes or
anything else to absorb sound, so it is a fairly "loud" room.
   Can someone recommend a brand of hammers that would have a good chance
of sounding good in this particular situation, i.e. not too bright?
   Feel free to e-mail me privately if you don't wish to "go on record".
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
   Thanks.

_____________________________________
Avery Todd, RPT
Moores School of Music
University of Houston
Houston, TX 77204-4893
713-743-3226
atodd@uh.edu

Avery,

I really like A. Issac hammers.  What is really nice is you can
talk with him about what you want from your hammers.  Although I
haven't used Ronsen hammers in a long time they are soft and if
your comfortable bringing up the tone with lacquer etc.you can
voice the piano to the room.

Good luck

in my former net life i was pnotuner@gnn.com