damper voicing

Ronald R Shiflet ron_and_lorene@juno.com
Tue, 04 Jun 1996 00:48:17 -0800 (PST)

	The technicians who read this do a thorough job of proofreading
submitted work.  My writing skills lack and my speaking skills are worse
but I do all right inside a piano.
	I omitted that I usually do the damper voicing in the piano by
simply pulling back the damper lever and rubbing the emery across the
felt until the grooves are gone, straightening it and then letting it go
back.  When that doesn't work, I either remove the damper lever or head
or cut the felt off, sand it and reglue to  the head depending which is
easier for that particular piano.
	 As per going to all that work and still not changing the felt,
usually this method works well enough that I don't bother since it
involves cutting the felt off and sanding the head smooth.  I will admit
however, that on more than one occasion I wished that I had put a new
felt on to begin with.
	I live two and a half hours from the nearest technician.  Tech
support and differing points of view are not readily available (except
on line).  My many thanks to all of you technicians for your
proofreading and keeping me in line.

Ron Shiflet, RPT

P.S. Thanks for all the finance companies.  You're great !!!