Tech Tip...damper voicing

Les Smith lessmith@buffnet.net
Tue, 04 Jun 1996 02:29:34 -0400 (EDT)

Sorry, Ron, I have to disagree. If you're going to go through all the
trouble of removing the damper block from the wire, it would seem that
replacing the old felt with a new one should be the FIRST resort and not
the last. The last resort would seem to be removing the old felt from the
block, sanding out the grooves, regluing the old felt to the block and then
re-installing it. Of course, if you're on a call 40 miles from home and don't
have any new felts with you, reusing the old one sure beats all heck out
of a callback for one damper!

Les Smith
lessmith@buffnet.net