no huh, no way

A440A@aol.com A440A@aol.com
Wed, 31 Jul 1996 09:00:15 -0400

Subj:  Re: Huh??

 In regard to this item Recently posted;

>Like driver's licences, tuners should carry tuning licences. You
>receive your licence by passing the aural tuning exam, and if you use
>a machine, you have an attachment to your tuning licence, much like
>the attachment you need if you wear glasses on your regular driver's
>licence. Maybe you can have different classes of licences, ie:

I hope this is all in humor,  as it is the worst idea I could possibly
imagine.

      Attempting to protect a trade via the use of a governmental regulatory
process is the fastest way to mediocrity there is.    Once we begin to rely
on government to be responsible for "policing" our trade, the standards
become politically based.

     I would prefer that there be a law requiring all piano saleswo/men to
prove their knowledge of the piano before being given a license  to sell.

(;)}}

Ed Foote
Precision Piano Works
Nashville, Tn.