Use of SAt on spinet (Reply)

Thomas D. Seay, III t.seay@mail.utexas.edu
Wed, 31 Jul 1996 07:37:04 -0600

Fred Tremper wrote:

>The moral of the story is that any piano (even PSO ones) can be improved
>if we practice out art to the fullest and are willing to spend the time
>and energy to do it.
>
>Fred

The other factor in the above equation is the willingness of the customer
to pay your fee to do the work. My guess is that most people would not be
willing to shell out as much money as it would take to bring a PSO up to
its fullest potential.

Having said that, I agree completely with Fred that any piano can be
improved dramatically, if we technicians are skillful and conscientious in
what we do and are adequately compensated for our efforts.

BTW Fred, I thoroughly enjoyed your class at Dearborn on partials. It was
one of the highlights of the convention for me. I guess you could think of
it as a "Partial Explanation" :-).

Tom Seay, RPT

Tom Seay
School of Music