What I think

DAN G. LITWIN 71213.1421@CompuServe.COM
Tue, 30 Jul 1996 18:18:11 -0400 (EDT)

> Barry heaton  from the UK writes..."  there is a movement in the EEC. to make
it
>a law that all trades men and professionals entering the general publics' homes

>must belong to a relevant professional body and have the relevant
>qualifications. "  I wonder who gets to decide what the 'relevant'
>qualifications are. What do people think.....?
>
>		         Jim Kinnear, I.P.T.

I think that politicians will decide.  And politicians care little about pianos.
They will do whatever they believe will get them re-elected.

They'll pass "reasonable" laws which force some techs out of the business, and
make the remaining techs' work cost people more.  Our service will be
unreachable for poor people (to a poor person, a poor tech is better than no
tech).  And when the politicians get done jacking us around, they'll have a
legal precedent to jack others around.  What goes around comes around.

Of course, piano owners should take personal responsibility to check out their
technician.  If they don't, then they have only themselves to blame.

Government is a sham.  Notice that they didn't pass laws about meat safety until
the refrigerator came about.  Politicians take credit for improvements in public
health, but if meat is safer today, you can thank Mr. Tesla who invented
electricity, and the hundreds of inventors who followed with electric motors,
refrigeration systems, insulation, etc.  Government has done nothing significant
compared to these achievements.  But they give people a false sense of security.
Don't forget that people STILL die from bad meat.

Dan Litwin - Jerk Tuning
San Diego