Sore back

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Tue, 30 Jul 1996 17:38:04 -0400

To the list:

To all of you who gave help and suggestions, thanks. Not that I want all of
you to suffer, but I am glad I am not the only one with this problem. At this
point I will probably do some more excersizing, and get some books on the
subject. I will take the muscle relaxing pills for the time being, untill I
can figure out what works best.

Scott Johnson suggested I try tuning left handed. I do that occasionally,
when the piano is up against a wall. Because I am not a piano player, the
problem I have is not controlling the hammer, but playing the intervals. I
really have to think hard.

Fred Tremper gave me a full account about his experience with neurosurgeons.
(you have my permission to copy that story to everyone Fred). Surgery scares
me to death, and will only use it as a last reposort.

I did use a chiropractor for a while, but she told me this a is a problem I
have to learn to live with, and the only solution was to come see her every
week so that she can relieve the pain.

In regards to the vibrator. I got this at a store in the mall that has all
sorts of specialty items, like foot massages, and other electronic gadget. (
I can't remember the name, but I thin it was something like Brookstone). The
tool is about 18" long, and has a duck head on one end that vibrates. I use
the pointed end to dig into a muscle. I use the dull end for sore spots on my
spine. I also use it to relieve the muscles aound the elbows. It is cordless,
so you can take it with you on car trips.

Again, thanks for all the help. I'll let you know in a couple of months if I
feel better.

Willem Blees  RPT
St. Louis