tools for tuning and a sore back, was Re: SAT and hands

Barbara E. Richmond brichmon@e-tex.com
Tue, 30 Jul 1996 08:45 -0500 (CDT)

At 07:18 PM 7/29/96 -0400, you wrote:

>I saw my doctor today for my anual physical, and told him about it. He gave
>me some muscle relaxing pills, but he said the problem won't go away by
>itself. He wants me to go to phycial therapy to strenghthen the muscle. I
>said I thought I had a strong muscle from all those tunings, but he said the
>therapy will help develop other muscles to help the one that is sore and
>tender.

Wow, does this sound familiar.  I discovered my cure accidently (ten years
ago)...I went out dancing with friends and the next day my shoulder felt
much better (I guess the dancing loosened things up.).  Then starting
jumping on one of those mini-trampolines and loosened up the shoulder some
more.  Regular exercise is what keeps my shoulder happy (I prefer the Nordic
Track).  I also started concentrating on the position/relaxation of the
shoulder as I tuned.  It worked for me--and it was free!

Good Luck!

Barbara Richmond
Palestine, Texas