Glue Revisited

Daniel Dover Daniel.Dover@Dartmouth.EDU
Mon, 29 Jul 1996 10:25:30 -0400 (EDT)

--- You wrote:
We use
the PVC-E, which as has been mentioned is available from a number of
suppliers, for many felt applications as it remains slightly flexible and
doesn't have a tendency to soak through and harden the felt over time in the
way that aliphatic resin does, i.e. Titebond or Elmer's Carpenter's Glue.  We
use a lot of these too but just for different applications.
--- end of quoted material ---

As we constantly discuss all our choices for adhesives I want to throw in a
reminder.  So many applications are for materials which will have to be removed
and reglued in the future.  YOU may be the one removing the glue and cleaning
up.  Which glue would YOU like to be trying to remove in the future?

I use hide glue whenever possible, sometimes just for this reason.  Be kind to
yourself and future technicians.

Danny Dover
Dartmouth College, Hanover, NH