Use of SAt on spinet

Michel Lachance Chance@cme.qc.ca
Mon, 29 Jul 1996 13:48:49 +0000 (GMT)

I have been using the SAT (with FAC) for a couple of years now and I find it
really does a great job on most of the piano I have met, although I have to
touch up the tenor bridge section quite often.

However, I did not succeed yet to get a real smooth tuning on spinets using
the FAC.  I tried storing the the stretch measurements of both plain and
wound wires on two separate pages and then switching pages at the break point
(plain/wound) while tuning.  Either I was not getting a good progressive
temperament or clean octaves or both.  I Jim Coleman teaches a way of
changing the stretch numbers but I could never figure out how to do it.

Has anyone had good success with the wild spinets using FAC.

Michel Lachance, RPT