True or False

Dave Swartz, RPT dms2000@PioneerPlanet.infi.net
Mon, 29 Jul 1996 08:30:08 -0400 (EDT)

>Perhaps I was not clear in my original statement.
>
>You focused on the temperament.  But, indeed, the temperament is the best thing
>the SAT does in an FAC sense.  It truly never does need work.  But somewhere
>around either C5 or C6 (can't recall which), the SAT switches to a different
>partial to tune by.  At this point I OFTEN find contracted 5ths.  I can fix
>these and go on.  It does not push trouble up into the higher octaves.
>And rarely, but still, I have found this same problem in the bass as the switch
>of partials occurs.
>
>Dan Litwin - Jerk Tuning
>San Diego
>
>Dan,

        You would do well to attend Rick Baldassin's class regarding this
very subject. Data presented proves that both in bass and treble the
intervals invert due to inharmonicity factors.  As we like to think of
expanded and contracted intervals, tuning away from the temperament range,
truth is they reverse.  Guess the question should be when tuning....HOW DOES
IT SOUND???