scales

JIMRPT@aol.com JIMRPT@aol.com
Fri, 26 Jul 1996 20:02:09 -0400

list;
  We had a short thread about gram scales before the convention, at that time
I mentioned that my scale cost less than 100.00  and was accurate to .1 gram
or .01oz.  Several of you have asked for the name and model so I thought I
would post it to the list for everyone that wants a scale and doesn't know
which to buy.
Make: OHAUS
Model: LS200
Power: 9v battery or adapter
Zeroing: auotmatic (you can put a tray or other object on the table and the
scale will automatically set to zero when you turn it on.)
Measurement tables: Grams/lbs/ozs (200 x .1grams- 7oz.x.01)

Source:Dickey Scales, Orlando FL 1-800-741-3856,
Or try your local commercial Scales wholesaler.

Is it sensitive? I can blow on it and measure the force of my exhalation. Do
I recommend it?, yes.  They have other models that go to  .01grams or .001oz.
but I found them to be too sensitive in a shop where there is air moving from
a fan, plus they are more expensive. No I am not financially involved, it is
just a good scale for a good price and will do what you need it to do.
Jim Bryant (FL)