True or False

Barrie Heaton Piano@forte.airtime.co.uk
Fri, 26 Jul 1996 18:08:45 +0100

There has been a growing debate in some of the trade magazines in the
UK. Regarding the accuracy of electronic tuners.  Could the list
possibly clear up some of the points raised in these discussions as a
lot of wild claims have been made for and against, I personally know
nothing about the product,  in fact I go as far as to say I wouldn't
recongnise one if I fell over it.

1. The acaccu-tuner only achieves an accuracy of 95 per cent in
laboratory conditions.  is this true?

2. The PTG uses the accu-tuner to test all of its perspective members
wishing to join.

3. If question 1 is correct is there any  independent data  available,
also is there any data available for tuning accuracy in a none
laboratory
condition.

Before you point me to Mr. Sandersons home page, I would rather get the
information from end users and from none biased tuners (those who do
not have a commercial interest in promoting this product.)

Regards,

Barrie.
--
Barrie Heaton                                  |  Be Environmentally Friendly
The UK PIano Page                              |