UK repin & lube

scott.e.johnson@24stex.com scott.e.johnson@24stex.com
Tue, 23 Jul 1996 23:50:31 -0800

  Subject:(WAS) Re: Sticking styrene flanges

 Pi> The centre pin lubricant you refer to,  do you have to remove each
 Pi> hammer to apply it or is there some applicating device which allows
 Pi> you to keep the parts in place.

 Pi> Kind regards,

 Pi> Barrie.

Barrie,
How nice to read your posting from across the big water!
3 popular products for CPL today are Protex, or alcohol mixed with water in a
ratio of 3 to 1 or about the same as vodka, or VMP naptha mixed with silicon
available from the Wurlitzer Piano Co. now owned by Baldwin.

The tool I use to apply CPL's to action " centres" (British spelling) is a
syringe and hypodermic needle which can be purchase easily in any rural area
from what we call a feed store which supplies feed and veterinary supplies to
the owners of farm animals like cows and sheep.

Wish I were back visiting the Britain and enjoying your countryside and
fine weather. The temperature here is over 100 degrees Fahrenheit.

Scott Johnson
scott.e.johnson@24stex.com