Horugel parts

Glenn Grafton gleng@fast.net
Sat, 20 Jul 1996 09:52 -0400 (EDT)

>>  I would appreciate any help. Thanks.
>>BTW, who makes/distributes Horugel anyway?
>>

>Avery,
>   You might try Samick. Dean Garten is their Tech. rep. now. I believe they
>used to own/distribute Horugel Pianos. Sorry I don't have their number.
>
>Doug Hershberger

Horugal was an early Korean imported piano. It was made by Samick, before
Samick imprted them directly. The company that imported them and
distributed them was Specialty Piano Imports in Vienna Virginia.

They're out of business. We had purchased 3 to try them out in the '70's
and found them to be horrible-exchanged two of them for full credit in
later years.

When the warranty problems surfaced during the supposed warranty period we
contacted Specialty Piano Imports only to find them defunct. We recalled
that Bill McCormick was the president of Specialty Piano Imports and knew
he was also the president of Jordan Kits in Maryland. Contacting him proved
fruitless. We were told "that business was closed and I/we're not liable
for any warranty repairs-sorry"

Jordan Kits phone number is:
301-474-9500

Samick also disavowed any responsabilty for the warranty since they were
only the O.E.M. supplier. Whether or not they'd have parts available for
these early instruments I don't know.

Hope this sheds some light and maybe saves some time.

Glenn Grafton
Grafton Piano & Organ Co.
(215)723-6900